Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use tabs from existing dashboards

Hi, is there a way to link or copy tabs from another dashboard into a different dashboard so there's not a duplication of efforts?  Possible passing thru some kind of a bookmark or something?

Thanks!

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Garriguh ,

it's possible in version 9 , you can export sheet layout & you can import sheet layout .

If you are using Version 10 then try this ,

Create a project folder with application name with a extension of applicationname-prj , which creates a bunch of xml documents . now create another folder with your 2nd application name with a -prj extension & copy all the xml docs into 2nd folder & then reload your 2nd application now you will get all the objects in app1 to app2 . which is lil bit confusing process but works .

In qlikview 10 they removed export to xml format for a specified sheet which created lil bit complexity .

hope this helps you

Thanks

Meher

Not applicable
Author

hi, thank you. I am currently using Version 9 but it will only allow me to export sheet image?  Is there another way? 

Not applicable
Author

Ok ,

I think in 9 there is a option like export sheet layout which exports sheet into a XML layout .

but the -prj process will work in 9 too

thanks

Meher

Not applicable
Author

Thanks I'll try that - I'm still stuck in the dilemma that things could get updated in the other dashboard and we wouldn't know and could end up out of sync?  Is there anyway to link to the other dashboard or reference it somehow?

Not applicable
Author

what do you mean by linking...???

we can link/reference dashboards by launching one into other with triggering launch application , but i dont think it's a solution for your problem

Meher

Not applicable
Author

Hi Meher- the reason we'd like to link to this other dashboard is because it currently offers the view and definitions of the data that the customer would like - and as we get more familiar with the data they've been making tweaks and this would ensure that we are always using the same terminology. The only difference is that we are only interested in segments of the dashboard for specific areas and was hoping there was a way to create a bookmark or something in their dashboard and then open my dashboard with a tab that looks like theirs with the right subset of information? 

Not applicable
Author

yeah you can set onopen in document properties to open on your specified bookmark & then from there ask them to hit a button which launches current dashboard with segments

hope this helps

Meher

Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure what you mean but it sounds like what I'm after