Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Difference between set analysis values

I am trying to get the difference between two set analysis values.  I need to get the variance between the actual and the forecasted values.

Actual = sum({<Date={'7/31/2011'},Forecast={Actual}>}AvgBalance)

Forecasted = sum(<Date={'7/31/2011'},Forecast={Plan}>}AvgBalance)

Is this possible, I am new to QlikView, any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Looks like you are going in the right direction, except that you need to add {' '} quotes to your text values within the braces. If you want the variance between the Actual and Forecast, depending on where you are using the below expressions,  you can do a simple Actual {Expression} - Forecasted {Expression} as seen below.

= sum({<Date={'7/31/2011'},Forecast={'Actual'}>}AvgBalance) - sum(<Date={'7/31/2011'},Forecast={'Plan'}>}AvgBalance)

Hope this helps.

Mady

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Looks like you are going in the right direction, except that you need to add {' '} quotes to your text values within the braces. If you want the variance between the Actual and Forecast, depending on where you are using the below expressions,  you can do a simple Actual {Expression} - Forecasted {Expression} as seen below.

= sum({<Date={'7/31/2011'},Forecast={'Actual'}>}AvgBalance) - sum(<Date={'7/31/2011'},Forecast={'Plan'}>}AvgBalance)

Hope this helps.

Mady

Not applicable
Author

Thank you.  That did work.  I didn't actually think you could use such a simple expression.  The actual and forecasted calculations worked without the quotes, but I added them anyway.