Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show Maximum Rank in total column

Hello,

I have a pivot table in which I have 2 dimensions in a cross tab format, I have one expression for which I want to show the rank. I can show the rank within the table but I am struggling with showing the maximum rank on the total line, is it possible to do this in QlikView? Thanks

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand your setting and requirement, but have a look at the hrank() / vrank() functions.

Also this might help:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/35083

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I should explain properly. I have a pivot table with 2 dimensions - Client and Region - which is created as a cross tab. I have one measure sum(points) which I display in the body of the report, I also want to display a rank based on the points.

Normally Rank(Sum(Points)) will work, but I want users to be able to select a single Client, for instance, and the rank stays the same, to do this I have used this expression :

=If(SecondaryDimensionality() = 0,Aggr(rank(sum({1}[Points] ),0,1),Client),Aggr(rank(sum({1}[WeightedVote] ),0,1),Region,Client))

This works in the body of the report, but I dont have any rank shown in the Totals, which I would like to display as the Maximum rank within each column. For instance, If there are 120 clients ranked then the overall total should show 120. Where I have subtotals across the Region, if only 20 clients were ranked, then that subtotal should show 20. Does this make sense?