Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scrambling and Section Access

Hello Community,

I have a dashboard with confidential information that only certain users can see, but I cannot use OMIT in section access because I still want the field in the chart visible, but scrambled. What I want is so that for User Group 1, the field "Name" is not scrambled, while for User Group 2, the field "Name" is scrambled. I can do it in the load script using HASH128(Name), but is there a way for that to only happen with certain users? Please let me know if you can help.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. The users are Admin, User1 and User2 with the same passwords as the names. User1 gets to see the Product field, User2 gets to see the ScrambledProduct field. The chart dynamically shows the proper field based on section access and mapping in the FieldUser table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example. The users are Admin, User1 and User2 with the same passwords as the names. User1 gets to see the Product field, User2 gets to see the ScrambledProduct field. The chart dynamically shows the proper field based on section access and mapping in the FieldUser table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Why not just create two fields, so USER1 can see the "unscrambled" data and USER2 can only see the scrabbled data.

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,          USERID, OMIT

USER,           USER1,          SENSATIVE_DATA

USER,          USER2,          SENSATIVE_DATA_HASH123

ADMIN,          ADMIN,

];

Section Application;

LOAD *

,RowNo() AS id

,Hash128(SENSATIVE_DATA) AS SENSATIVE_DATA_HASH123;

LOAD * Inline [SENSATIVE_DATA

A

B

C

];

Not applicable
Author

Thank you both, this is exactly what I needed!