Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajesh
Creator II
Creator II

Firstsortedvalue giving NULL when value is tie.

Hi All,

I was trying to display Top 5 Categories Count in 5 different Text Objects with the firstsortedvalue( with help of Sunny Talwar)

the value are correct but when the Values are tie then its giving NULL.

please see used below expression

=Num(

Count({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.dv_u_problem_category = {"$(=FirstSortedValue({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.dv_u_problem_category, -Aggr(Count({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.number), Problem.dv_u_problem_category)))"}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>}Problem.number)/

Count({<ProblemDateType= {'Opened'},Problem.Calendar.Year= {'2018'}>} Total Problem.number,'#,##0.##%')

Can any one suggest the solution.

Thanks

Rajesh.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this

=Num(

Count({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.dv_u_problem_category = {"$(=FirstSortedValue({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.dv_u_problem_category, -Aggr(Count({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.number) + Rank(Only({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.dv_u_problem_category))/1E10, Problem.dv_u_problem_category)))"}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>}Problem.number)/

Count({<ProblemDateType= {'Opened'},Problem.Calendar.Year= {'2018'}>} Total Problem.number,'#,##0.##%')

=Num(

Count({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.dv_u_problem_category = {"$(=FirstSortedValue({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.dv_u_problem_category, -Aggr(Count({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.number) - Rank(Only({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.dv_u_problem_category))/1E10, Problem.dv_u_problem_category)))"}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>}Problem.number)/

But what if there are 5 categories which have the same rank? How do you expect to see that? I mean there need to be some point where you have to decide that this can't be done in a text box object and move it to a chart or something

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Try using concat once:

{"$(=concat(FirstSortedValue({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.dv_u_problem_category, -Aggr(Count({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.number), Problem.dv_u_problem_category)),',')"}

may be modify a bit to get the proper format 'value','value'

Best Regards,
KC
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

may be try this

=Num(

Count({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.dv_u_problem_category =

{"$(=FirstSortedValue({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>}

Problem.dv_u_problem_category, -Aggr(Count({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.number),

Problem.dv_u_problem_category,Problem.Calendar.Year)))"}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>}Problem.number)

/

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try using DISTINCT like:

....FirstSortedValue( Distinct .....)

Rajesh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

HI Tresesco,

I have used FirstSortedValue( Distinct .....) its giving Value but i want to show another tie Value also in another Text object.

Thanks

Rajesh

sunny_talwar

May be try this

=Num(

Count({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.dv_u_problem_category = {"$(=FirstSortedValue({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.dv_u_problem_category, -Aggr(Count({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.number) + Rank(Only({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.dv_u_problem_category))/1E10, Problem.dv_u_problem_category)))"}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>}Problem.number)/

=Num(

Count({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.dv_u_problem_category = {"$(=FirstSortedValue({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.dv_u_problem_category, -Aggr(Count({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.number) - Rank(Only({<ProblemDateType = {'Opened'}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>} Problem.dv_u_problem_category))/1E10, Problem.dv_u_problem_category)))"}, Problem.Calendar.Year = {'2018'}>}Problem.number)/

But what if there are 5 categories which have the same rank? How do you expect to see that? I mean there need to be some point where you have to decide that this can't be done in a text box object and move it to a chart or something

Rajesh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you again Sunny

The Values are displaying as expected. i am agree with that we can show Chart in better,But its my client requirement.

Can you tell me that what 1E10 does in expression?

Thanks

Rajesh

sunny_talwar

1E10 is another way of writing 10000000000. I am just dividing Rank portion by a very large number to give it lower importance compared to the count of category.