Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agsearle
Creator
Creator

Data in Empty Field

I'm importing a table where the data in one column is incomplete.

When the data is put into a Straight Table, there are lots of '-'s. I need these to show a blank date, '00/00/0000' for example.

Can this be done?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
agsearle
Creator
Creator
Author

Already tried that one, and it didn't work.

However, I've managed to get round the issue now. In this field I have various dates and blanks, and for the purposes of report needed to exclude any with the date '31/12/9999' (SAP system end date), but each time I used a list box I couldn't keep the blanks.

Therefore I used a calculated dimension in the straight table:
IF(Move_Out_Date<>'31/12/9999','No Date',Move_Out_Date)

I can now select 'No Date'. Can't think why I didn't try that before! Big Smile

View solution in original post

4 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Check Properties - Presentation - Display of Null-Values

HTH
Peter

agsearle
Creator
Creator
Author

Although this would then display the empty fields correctly, they wouldn't be searchable.

Is there a simple way to allow these empty fields to be searchable in a list box?

This is driving me mad, please help. Sad

prieper
Master II
Master II

If loading from ODBC you may use the NULLDISPLAY-function. Otherwise you may insert a formula in the script:

LOAD ...., IF(LEN(MyDate) = 0, '#N/A', MyDate) AS DateField ....

n.b.: do not think that is is wise to insert '00/00/0000' as date, as you may other problems lateron (building a calendar etc.)

HTH
Peter

agsearle
Creator
Creator
Author

Already tried that one, and it didn't work.

However, I've managed to get round the issue now. In this field I have various dates and blanks, and for the purposes of report needed to exclude any with the date '31/12/9999' (SAP system end date), but each time I used a list box I couldn't keep the blanks.

Therefore I used a calculated dimension in the straight table:
IF(Move_Out_Date<>'31/12/9999','No Date',Move_Out_Date)

I can now select 'No Date'. Can't think why I didn't try that before! Big Smile