Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c_pannese
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

don't show empty chart Nprinting

Hi all,

is there a way to not show empty chart on Nprinting? 

thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Frank_S , using formatting rules could be a solution.

You could also evaluate to create a straight table, in the connected app, with only the rows for which you want to see the chart. Then you have to refresh the connection cache, close and reopen the Designer and use the new straight table  to create the details band. With this solution you will have a band for each row of the new straight table instead of having a band for each distinct value of a field. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes there may be a way. 
but without details on what you are trying to do (step by step  scenario to replicate your requirements including versions of software, type of chart, template, output format etc…) there is no point to guess. 
depending on the requirements there may be a solution or may be not…

so please tell us all details about the scenario we need to consider then we can try to work around it. 
cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
c_pannese
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

c_pannese_1-1627386791780.png

i'm in a cyclic level and i've to show ten different chart,created on pixel perfect directly, based on the dimension Famiglia:5 with monthly information and 5 with cumulative sum of them.

if i try to use a linear table containig all possible value of  Famiglia ,creating a sub level Famiglia, the charts are always empty.  I've tried to change format of numbers without results.

the only way i found to show chart is creating a table for every value of Famiglia ( 5 tables with linear sum an culuative) and use them in a  higer level (Struttura oragnazzativa in the image)

when i generate the report using on demand button , selecting only one or two values of Famiglia, obviusly some chart become empty and i should remove them.

Using the flag "Print when data source in empty" the char never apper, also if there ara data in linear table.

i'm using Nprinting Fabruary 2021.

Thank you very much

Frank_S
Support
Support

@c_pannese

PxP reports have the ability to show/hide charts.

Please check the steps in this link to proceed to your requirement.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/PixelPerfectReports/Manage-Condition...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Frank_S , using formatting rules could be a solution.

You could also evaluate to create a straight table, in the connected app, with only the rows for which you want to see the chart. Then you have to refresh the connection cache, close and reopen the Designer and use the new straight table  to create the details band. With this solution you will have a band for each row of the new straight table instead of having a band for each distinct value of a field. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
c_pannese
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

in my case this was the correct way but i will consider the formatting rule in the feature.

i changed the dimension Anno in my straight table using "=" before the field's name.

thank you all