Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelArens
Contributor
Contributor

Method for clicking an "action-button" object via API Explorer

Heyho everyone,

I've been trying to to find the method with which to press a button within the Dev Hub API Explorer Interface. So far to no avail. As can be seen on the image, within a sheet object I found the action button via the getChildInfos method.I'd expected the pressing of the button also to function via a method, but so far couldn't find something that works. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

MichaelArens_0-1714653358384.png

Labels (1)
  • API

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hey @MichaelArens , the method used when you press the button depends on which action you set in the button properties. E.G if you set the button to set a variable, then the method will be SetStringValue. So this means that you have to read the actions set in the properties using GetLayout method, then based on the action, you will perform the corrisponding method.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hey @MichaelArens , the method used when you press the button depends on which action you set in the button properties. E.G if you set the button to set a variable, then the method will be SetStringValue. So this means that you have to read the actions set in the properties using GetLayout method, then based on the action, you will perform the corrisponding method.