Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rockstar7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Unable to uninstall Patch after Windows Upgrade

Hi Folks,

Recently, IT team upgraded the Qlik Sense Machine from Windows 2012 R2 to Windows 2019. After That, The repository database service is not starting at all and giving following error.

The Qlik Sense Repository Database service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

Therefore, I started repairing of Qlik Sense (Feb 2023 Patch 11). It got stuck for more than 10 hours while uninstalling the patch. Therefore, i forcefully closed it and started again. But now, it is giving me error.

Now I am not able to do neither patch uninstall nor repair. Attaching the Logs,

Log1: Uninstalling of Patch stuck logs
Log2: After force stop, The error logs
Kindly suggest me, how to resolve this issue.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian_Linser

@Rockstar7 the windows event logs -> application should show you why the service is not starting up

The best way to fix your install is to start with a new installation and then reimport the Database after it.

if you need help cleaning out the old installation you can contact us in support.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Rockstar7 The basic question, Hope all your servers connected to this environment is upgrade to Win 2019? 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
md_talib
Contributor III
Contributor III

I got the same issue while upgrading the Windows 2012 R2 to 2016 with Qlik Sense (May-23) version.

re-install the .NetFramework into your server and restart the server. 

Issue will be resolved. 

Rockstar7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Its a single node environment

Rockstar7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@md_talib i have done the same but still i am getting the repository error. Therefore thought of doing repair, it got stuck there.

Sebastian_Linser

@Rockstar7 the windows event logs -> application should show you why the service is not starting up

The best way to fix your install is to start with a new installation and then reimport the Database after it.

if you need help cleaning out the old installation you can contact us in support.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂