Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator

Tasks failed as Error: Connection aborted (System error: The handle is invalid.)

Hello experts,

There are connectivity problems in our site, which occurs on TASK relods only as far as we experienced. Its both occurs on ODBC & Rest connections.

When i check script logs we get this error immidiately after "Lib Connect to xxx" statement.

20240327T120257.655+0300 0023 LIB CONNECT TO 'SOME_ODBC_DB_Connection'
20240327T120339.724+0300      Error: Connection aborted (System error: The handle is invalid.)
20240327T120339.726+0300      Execution Failed
20240327T120339.730+0300      Execution finished.

the time from lib connect to statment and error differs from 30 to 150 seconds. 

Btw <generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/> is set on all of our Qlik servers inside of <runtime> tag which is located on machine.config. We have to manually control the failed task list and manually send a re-start order to mitigate this, but its very exhausting effor to chase up a site with more than +2000 tasks. And this is still not a solution because sometimes its ends as a fail again, we always have to check if its finishes as success.

Qlik Sense Version: Qlik Sense February 2023 Patch 6 | 14.113.9

Labels (2)
13 Replies
ms-roha
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

After a rollback, version update and again renaming the %appdata%-folder the tasks worked again and this time the kept working for the scheduled nightly reload. Lets see how long this keeps up.

So atleast my problem seems to have something todo with the OdbcConnectorPackage not being able to read the encryption key in the files of this folder. I could open them with notepad so I don't think the files were corrupted.

I think it has something to do with the encryption algorithm that is used encrypt/decrypt the key but I don't know enough about this to give a solid answer. Would love to know what exactly caused the problem.

Because renaming basically makes the package recreate the key (which can be verified in the log-file, it states "created new master key qseow_master_key".

Still having the virtual proxy issue with the data connection dialogs but I can atleast work around that somehow. Will probably look into that seperately.

I haven't tried your local policy solution yet - will maybe do that when I have more time.

Cheers

BTIZAG_OA
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Roha,

Today we have call with Qlik Support, they adviced us to change machince.config file like this.

<runtime> 

<other stuff keys>

<generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/>

</runtime>

generatepublisher key was at top before this.

Suprisingly it works fine for now hope it wont appear again. Im not sure which one fixed the problem, changing the position of the key or restarting the server.

seblabalyerr
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

Is there any solution about this issue?

Thanks

ms-roha
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello,

try renaming the "%APPDATA%/Qlik" folder (e.g. to "-Qlik" or "Qlik.Backup") and restart the services.

This should recreate the ODBC connector package encryption keys which means you will probably have to update the username & password of all ODBC data connections but atleast this worked for me.

Cheers