Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herard_bertrand
Partner - Contributor III

How to shrink a pivot table column

Hello,

I made a pivot table in Qlik Sense, I added some dimension on the left then Qlik sense displays a very large column for values (large means all remaining space :)).

That's an issue because I've 4 calculations measures in my pivot table and I can only see it one by one.

Is there a way to shrink the pivot table measures columns width ?

Best regards

Labels (1)
12 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

You can search for extensions on Google and visit the developer's website. In many cases, the better extensions are not free to use on a large scale, though, so keep that in mind.

Depending on what exactly you've got in your measures, you could try limiting the length to a set level, which would allow the engine to reduce the width. For example, Left(YourField,50) to just get the 50 leftmost characters in whatever you're presenting. For most use cases where you're presenting text in a pivot table measure, I would expect a certain number of characters to be good enough, as pivot tables aren't really meant to display large chunks of text...

herard_bertrand
Author

Thanks for your idea.

Anyway, as there is no native solution, and in general, the pivot table seems not finished yet (and it exists a lot of complaints about it on the forum for a looooong time ago).  I'm going to use another software to do my reporting.

Thanks 🙂

McDonald-1022
Contributor II
Contributor II

There are currently two Pivot Tables (as of 4/17/24). One in "Charts" and one in "Qlik Visualization Bundle". The Pivot in Charts does not allow you to resize, the one in Visualization Bundle does. Use that one