Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III

Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document

Dear Member,

I am using QV version 8.2..I am working on qlikview server where we have all these applications.

When i open my applications in IE i am getting the following error

"Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document"

Can you please tell me how to rectify it..Is the issue in assigning CAL's...If so can you please say the process how to solve it. I don't have any section access.

Thanks and Regards,

RBK

8 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Bharat,

I think the user with which you are trying to access the Qlikview file do not have access to the file, go to the document physical path and check whether the user has access to it by clicking right mouse Properties.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Jagan for the reply.... Can you tell me the process how to do it..please don't mind...

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Bharat,

Go to the file path in the Qlikview server machine, for example C:\Qlikview\Dasboard.qvw  and add the the permission to the user name with which you are accessing

File->Right mouse Click Properties -> Security ->Edit -> Add  and select the user name and try giving the Read permissions.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I am using 8.2 version Jagan...What ever you said the process can i do the same in 8.2 or any different approach....

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Usually this error will error when the user do not have access to the file.  I did this QV9, just try it in 8.

Regards,

Jagan.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

8 lo ela cheya lo teliyatledhu....10 or 11 aithe cheyagalunu...konchem 8 lo elago chepatava...

Not applicable

HI,

I don't know but have to tried assigning the Username which Distributing the Document on the Publisher itself?

//Yusuf

paulfiney
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I had the same issue with QV 11.

It was resolved by deselecting the following two options;

1. Strict Exclusion
  2. Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access

These options are located in;

• Settings Menu
  • Document Properties
  • "Opening" (Tab).