Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ciaran_mcgowan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Stop LOAD at certain point

Hi,

Is there any way to stop a LOAD from an excel file once a certain value has been reached?

I have an excel file with several tables on the same sheet. I would like to stop Qlikview from reading the entire sheet and only load one table at a time. It would be great if I could stop the load once it reached a field with a set value (i.e. the next table's name).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you define in the Excel sheet each table you want to get hold of separately with a named range - you can specify the named range as the "table" when you run the table files wizard.

Or just specify like this:

LOAD C1,

C2,

C3,

C4

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is TableA);

Then QlikView will try to find the Named Range in the Excel workbook that is called TableA.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

Did you get an answer for this question? I have run into the same issue with a current standard Excel file containing multiple tables on a sheet and we'd like to import data from those tables but don't know how to stop the load when we hit a blank row.

Did you find a way to do this?

Thanks!

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you define in the Excel sheet each table you want to get hold of separately with a named range - you can specify the named range as the "table" when you run the table files wizard.

Or just specify like this:

LOAD C1,

C2,

C3,

C4

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is TableA);

Then QlikView will try to find the Named Range in the Excel workbook that is called TableA.