Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II

QDS log error messages: System.Exception: Access Denied... at SolutionGlobal.Logging.QTLog.GetTaskLogFileEntryList

I have a single instance of QlikView Publisher running in a QlikView 12.20 SR4 setup.

In preparation for adding a second instance of QlikView Publisher, I changed the Application Data Folder from its previous c:\ProgramData location to \\servername\QlikTech\DistributionService and restarted the service.

Everything seems to be working properly.  I can manually start tasks, they get triggered automatically and both task logs and document logs are produced in the correct place.

But the daily log file 20181002.txt is full of these error messages, one every five seconds.

20181002T193231.549-0500ErrorSystem.Exception: Access denied. ||    at SolutionGlobal.Logging.QTLog.GetTaskLogFileEntryList(String logPath, Int32 maxRecords) ||    at SolutionGlobal.Logging.QTLog.GetTaskLogFileEntries(String logPath, Int32 maxRecords)

No further information is in the log file about what folder triggered this error message.

I am not sure what to make of these messages, given that the QDS seems to be running properly.  Any ideas are appreciated.  I have already done the following:

1) Verify network share and folder permissions on \\servername\QlikTech\DistributionService  The service account for QDS has write permissions and is in fact writing these files.

2) In the file C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe.config, I manually changed the relevant line to:

<add key="ApplicationDataFolder" value="\\servername\QlikTech\DistributionService"/>

Neither seems to have made any difference.

Prior to my change to the Application Data Folder, the error messages were not present in older log files, so it seems clearly related to my switch.

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you still see all task details and logs in the QMC (open the Task Details area and check all tabs)?

kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, all task details, task logs and document logs are visible in QMC.

I brought up the second Publisher node and everything seems to be working properly.

The messages are also not consistent.  Sometimes, some hours will pass without any messages.

A mystery...

Messen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi
Did you solve this error ? 
I'm getting the same.... 😐

Regards

Sune

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Messen,

As this post was created 4+ years ago, for a version that has reached it’s end of life, suggest that you create a new thread and provide any logs you have questions about and specify the version and symptoms you’re experiencing. Thanks!

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!