Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabio182
Creator II
Creator II

save automatic report

Hello everyone,

I want to save the reports generated in qlikview in a folder automatically, how can I generate that. I have the next app that generates pdf, but the only problem is that I have to put the path to save it manually, there is some way to do it automatically

imagen.png

rwunderlich

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

The described way here: Re: VB Script Issue in creating WScript.Shell Object does in general work. Had you checked that your path is really valid and that your registry-settings are set properly (per regedit)?

Further you might need to set the QlikViewPDF printer as default-printer directly within printer-settings or maybe with something like this:

if WshShell.RegRead ("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Device") <> "QlikViewPDF" Then

WSHShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Device", "QlikViewPDF", "REG_SZ"

end if

But the problem will probably be that there is another PDF printer is active - the newer QlikView standard-printer PDF-XChange what you could see in the bottom right corner of your screenshot. Normally several installed PDF printer shouldn't disturb eachother especially if you set the various settings per registry - but in my experience they do at least since QV 11. I have never get it stable enough maybe because the QlikView server needs the PDF-XChange printer and activate them in some way (although he wasn't mostly then the default-printer again).

On the reason Rob already hinted that the QlikViewPDF is outdated I didn't went in deeply in the causes else I changed my routines to the new default-printer PDF-XChange: Re: generate pdf with Xchange

- Marcus