cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

help about listbox seletion

hi
I have a listbox (Year in this image).in this listbox I have two years (94 and 95).when I select 94 or 95 the text box
above the first line chart shows the daily mean of sales in month that selected in second listbox(Month)

But when I selected two years(94 and 95) the daily mean of sales in month that selected in second listbox(Month)
Will be wrong.because it calculated for two years in same month

I need to calculate daily means for Year=95 not 94 and 95 and show it in textbox above the line chart.please help me.
Thanks

Message was edited by: Mohammad hoseini

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi

i have a list box that show two years in it (like 2015 and 2016)

i have a line chart that shows sales of 2016

when i select both two years in listbox i wana that chart caption shows only the average of 2016 sales not 2015 and 2016

how we can do it?

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

May be like this,

If(GetselectedCount(Year)=0,Sum({<Year={'$(=Max(Year))'}>}Sales),Avg({<Year={'$(=Max(Year))'}>}Sales))

Using this above expression.

Sales And average Sales of max year-219582.PNG

PFA,

HTH,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can either (1) create two expressions using set analysis to select the max year (2016) in one and max year - 1 in the other, or (2) you can make year a second dimension. This assumes that the dimension is some smaller period than a year (quarter, month or week).

Post a sample qvw with your expression for more specific help.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Pulkit_Thukral
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

As u said that line chart shows only 2016 data,

does it means that in the expression you have hard coded year value to 2016 or is this some different case.

Please clarify.