cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using an expression within Set Analysis

Hello,

I am trying to use an expression within a set analysis, but I cannot make it work.

I have an expression called Lost_Minutes which is calculated as follows: 

=SUM(th_late_st)
+SUM(th_early_fin)

I would then like to use this expression in a set analysis in the same chart, so that I can count the number of times (using the th_ses_id field) the result in the Lost Minutes expression is greater than 90.

=COUNT({<[Lost_Minutes]={">90"}>}th_ses_id)

However, this returns a count total of all possible values, instead of limiting it to just those where the Lost Minutes are greater than 90.

When I replace the Lost_Minutes expression with a dimension, as below, it works correctly.

=COUNT({<[th_early_fin]={">90"}>}th_ses_id)

Is it possible to use the Lost_Minutes expression in the set analysis, and if so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can't use an expression label in a set expression. What you can do is to use an expression in the search clause as per Massimo's example.

=Sum({<[Session ID] = {"=([Late Start (Calculation)]+[Early Finish (Calculation)]) > 90"}>}

[Late Start (Calculation)]+[Early Finish (Calculation)])

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

4 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

this is an example

sum({$<product={"=(sum(v)+sum(z))>47000"}>} v)

1.png

try to adapt to your question or post some data

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks - I have attached an example.

In the top table, the Lost_Minutes expression is working correctly.

In the bottom table, I have used the label of this expression in a second expression, called Lost Minutes >90. I would like this to count the number of occasions that the Lost Minutes in a session is greater than 90 minutes. However, at the moment, it is is counting all sessions, and not applying the >90 minutes condition.

Thanks,

Paul

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can't use an expression label in a set expression. What you can do is to use an expression in the search clause as per Massimo's example.

=Sum({<[Session ID] = {"=([Late Start (Calculation)]+[Early Finish (Calculation)]) > 90"}>}

[Late Start (Calculation)]+[Early Finish (Calculation)])

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks - this worked as I had hoped.

Thanks both.