Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agsearle
Creator
Creator

Store QVD on two servers

We have two Qlikview servers, one for development work, and one to host 'live' reports.

I am therefore trying to save QVD's on both servers at the same time when they are reloaded.

For example:

CUSTOM CONNECT TO......

QPCT:

LOAD *

SQL SELECT *

FROM QPCT;

STORE QPCT INTO [\\10.100.19.52\Reports\DATA QVD'S\QPCT.qvd]

STORE QPCT INTO ;

DROP TABLE QPCT;

How can I save the QVD automatically on each server?

When done manually opening a Qlikview session and reloading it works fine, but it fails to store anything when using the QEMC which is what I want to use.

5 Replies
saimahasan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

You can use the IP of both the servers when storing the QVD.

its_anandrjs

Hi,

Try to use variavles here

Let vStoreLocation1 = '\\10.100.19.52\Reports\DATA QVD'S\';

Let vStoreLocation2 = 'D:\Qlik View\Reports\DATA QVD'S\';

QPCT:

LOAD *

SQL SELECT *

FROM QPCT;

STORE QPCT INTO $(vStoreLocation1)QPCT.qvd;

STORE QPCT INTO $(vStoreLocation2)QPCT.qvd;

DROP TABLE QPCT;

Regards

Anand

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can enable to document logs to check which script is giving error and then you can concentrate on that to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
marcus_sommer

You need to check if from the qv-server the path to the second server is available (you will probably need an unc-path) and accessable (meant not blocked by security measures and the proper access-rights for the server-user).

An alternatively which I use is not store everything twice I use robocopy to keep the production- und test-environment synchron: Robocopy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

- Marcus

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

From what you have explained, i would guess the user set up for the QMC services does not have access to the second location.

Check the services and what user is set up to run QMC and then log on as that user and try to browse to the second location.

Mark