Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikOcx Causing Crash of the system

Hi all,

I'm using VS2010 with Target CPU x86 and Target Framework 3.5. The project is just a simple windows form and I've managed to use QlikOCX control to display a qlikview report. I'm using QlikOcx 11 SR2 and my computer is running win7 64-bit.

I use regsvr32 to register for QlikOcx.ocx and qvp.dll and then generate QlikOcx related dll files by AxImp.exe.

regsvr32 "C:\MyFile\x86\QlikOcx.ocx"

regsvr32 "C:\MyFile\x86\qvp.dll"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\AxImp.exe" "C:\MyFile\x86\QlikOcx.ocx"

However I always encounter application crash when I try to change the property of the ocx control. For example, only display one object in the qlikview document instead of the whole report. And I also encounter UI freeze/hanging when I'm in design mode.

I read another thread and it seems to be the solution:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/17844

"The problem is the automatic COM registration of the Visual Studio Setup (Register property of Qlikocx.ocx: vsdrfCOMSelfReg). The ocx works well if you set this property to 'DoNotRegister' and do it with the regsrv32 at the end of the setup (manually or by code doesn't matter)."

But I wanna know exactly how to set the Register Property to "DoNotRegister". I can't find this property of the QlikOcx reference file.

Or Can it be something else that causing the crash/freeze?

Really appreciate if you can help me out!!!!!

Thanks and Regards,

May

0 Replies