Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliktoview123
Contributor II
Contributor II

Need help to calculate the headcount

Hello,

I am calculating the headcount on the basis of effective date and empl status(= A).I have created Year and month using the effective date.when I am selecting the current year the headcount is around 3191,thats fine but as soon as I select the previous year its giving around 25947. The previous year count is coming wrong, it has to be 3461.

Please help me out .

I have shared the screenshot also.

screenshot2.pngscreenshot.png

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share your application to check it out?

muthukumar77
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Can you send me Expression using in that text object?

Muthukumar Pandiyan
sunny_talwar

If I do a Distinct Count, I see a lower number, but it still doesn't match what you want to see. But it also impact the 2016-2017 selection.

Expression: =Count(DISTINCT EMPID)

2015-2016 Selected

Capture.PNG

2016-2017 Selected

Capture.PNG

Could this be what you are looking for?

qliktoview123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Nope...the count for 2016-17 is around 3500 and for 2015-16 is 3461

sunny_talwar

If the total observation in your application is 31026 and one selection gives you 3k, why do you not expect the other to give 27k+? I am not sure what I might be missing here.

qliktoview123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

SELECT Count(*)

FROM Headcount A

WHERE A.EMPL_RCD=0

AND A.EFFDT = (SELECT Max(EFFDT) FROM Headcount WHERE EMPLID=A.EMPLID AND EMPL_RCD=A.EMPL_RCD AND EFFDT <='sysdate')

AND A.EFFSEQ = (SELECT Max(EFFSEQ) FROM Headcount WHERE EMPLID=A.EMPLID AND EMPL_RCD=A.EMPL_RCD AND EFFDT=A.EFFDT)

AND A.EMPL_STATUS = 'A';

This is the SQL query need to be implemented

Colin-Albert

If you test your expressions using a chart rather than a text box it is easier to see where the figures are coming from.

Are you sure the data in your headcount.qvd is correct, as you have a count of almost 26,000 for EMP_STATUS A in 2015-2016?

headcount.JPG

qliktoview123
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

SELECT Count(*)

FROM Headcount A

WHERE A.EMPL_RCD=0

AND A.EFFDT = (SELECT Max(EFFDT) FROM Headcount WHERE EMPLID=A.EMPLID AND EMPL_RCD=A.EMPL_RCD AND EFFDT <='sysdate')

AND A.EFFSEQ = (SELECT Max(EFFSEQ) FROM Headcount WHERE EMPLID=A.EMPLID AND EMPL_RCD=A.EMPL_RCD AND EFFDT=A.EFFDT)

AND A.EMPL_STATUS = 'A';

This is a SQL query given by my client...I need to implement this query in qlikview.

Colin-Albert

So how was the QVD created? What data does the QVD select?

This query only selects data for EMPL_STATUS = 'A', but your QVD has other statuses.