Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Live Refresh - How to simulate

I am a new QlikView user and have been requested to have a Dashboard that does Live Updates Automatically.

I have tested the Reload and scheduled this in the Management console and that works fne. However, a user still needs to move focus/change selection/refresh page to reflect the reloaded changed data on an already open QV Page.

I have done a bit of testing and found that a button with action "Activate Sheet" also simulates this. Since I need to do this automatically though.. was wondering if anyone had done this with say scheduling a timed task or can you script after a reload etc... Any other ideas to achieve this ?

Also, does anyone know if a "scheduled" - partial reload is possible or is this feature only available in the Dev environment as I coud not see any options in the management console ?

Thanks in advance. This stuff is interesting but spinning my head out coming from a .Net, DB background.

[:D]

R

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

On your document properties>server tab you need have dynamic data updates and push from server ticked.

Also set the refresh mode to "automatically without client action"

If i recall there are alos a couple of options in the QEMC server options that need enabled to allow dynamic refreshes too

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

On your document properties>server tab you need have dynamic data updates and push from server ticked.

Also set the refresh mode to "automatically without client action"

If i recall there are alos a couple of options in the QEMC server options that need enabled to allow dynamic refreshes too

Not applicable
Author

Thanks heaps SQL-cowboy.... This did the trick ! I will make sure to look at all Document Settings and Server Settings next time. This QV is very configurable.

And... as to the SQL query.... I hope that returns the correct results!

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

SQL-Cowboy,

Do you recall what those options are in QEMC server?