Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get just a single record from set analysis

I have a data model with 3 tables:  Scope, ScopeStatus, and Location where ScopeStatus has a ScopeId and a LocationId which joins the three tables together.  A location can hold multiple scopes.  ScopeStatus also has a TimeEnteredLocation property. 

I want to display only the last Scope that entered the Location.  I have a similar piece of code which displays a list of all of the Scopes at a Location but I can't quite figure out the logic to get only the last Scope that entered the Location.

=Concat({$<[LocationId] = {$(=$(vSoiledRoom1))}, [Scope State] = {"null"}>}[Scope Name], Chr(10))

Thanks,

Fred

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I would recommend using FirstSortedValue() function:

=FirstSortedValue({$<[LocationId] = {$(=$(vSoiledRoom1))}, [Scope State] = {"null"}>}[Scope Name], -Date)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

I would recommend using FirstSortedValue() function:

=FirstSortedValue({$<[LocationId] = {$(=$(vSoiledRoom1))}, [Scope State] = {"null"}>}[Scope Name], -Date)

sunny_talwar

I recommended FirstSortedValue with -Date, because that is how I assumed you would find the latest scope. If there is another way to determine latest scope, you might need to replace Date with that field

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny T,

This method did the trick.  Is there a reference guide available where I can look up functions like this?  I find bits and pieces but much of the time I do not know the proper phrase to search to get the results I want.

Not applicable
Author

hi,

very helpful

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Fred,

Use help section in Qlikview developer.

regards

Neetha

sunny_talwar

From QlikView's help:

Capture.PNG

Other related function attached as a PDF (from QlikView's help also)

HTH

Best,

Sunny