Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farheenayesha
Creator
Creator

How to calculate time spent by user on each Dashboard & Sheet

Hi,

I am trying to calculate, how much time a user has spent on each dashboard and sheet.

Example: In the below image, i want to calculate time spent (in minutes) by user 3 on dashboard 2 and also time spent in minutes on SH01, SH02 and SH03.

The above example is just for one user. However I want  to calculate for all the users. Please help me.

Capture.JPG

Please find the data attached. youssefbelloum

48 Replies
sunny_talwar

I won't know until I see what you have.... based on the sample I am getting 9 hours 34 mins and 38 seconds on SH01.... if this is not right, what is the right number of SH01?

sunny_talwar

New Script

table:

LOAD Timestamp,

Date(Floor(Timestamp)) as Date,

User,

App,

[Object/Action],

[Object Id],

Details,

AutoNumber([Object Id])*1000000000&Timestamp as Key

FROM

[Time123.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

New expression

=Sum(Aggr(Below(Timestamp) - Timestamp, User, App, Date, (Key, (NUMERIC))))

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

what is the trick here sunny ?

multiply the Autonumber by 1000000000..

sunny_talwar

Just to give it higher weight then TimeStamp when I form the key.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

ok but the results are different on the barcharts for example, if we multiply or not

sunny_talwar

They can differ and to make it without errors, I would def. multiply Object ID or divide TimeStamp

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

different results with one expression ? how can we know what is the correct result ?

sunny_talwar

The one with the multiplication or division will most likely give the right answer 99.999999% of the time. The other will depend on other factors. I can go in details at a later time

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

ok thanks

farheenayesha
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

Your efforts and solution had solved my biggest problem. Thank you so much once again. Just last request, could you please help me to convert the time format HH:MM:SS to just minutes.