Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danialier
Creator III
Creator III

Hide some data in a bar chart

Hello,

I have a bar chart showing revenues x month. This goes from January'14 to December'14 but I'll add further months as soon as we close January'15, February'15 and so on.

I want the bar chart to display all data but excluding the following months: January'14, February'14 and March'14 (However, I don't want to remove the data from the reload as I'm using this data for other purposes).

Please help.

Thanks,

dani

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kristoferahlin
Partner - Contributor III

To exclude these months from the bar chart only, I would use set analysis. I would however strongly advice you to change the Month field format. At least remove the ' from the field values, since this will cause all sorts of problems later on if you decide to use any string functions on that field. Perhaps even converting the field to a date-field (I.e. 201401, 201402, 201403 etc.). This will help a lot further on.

Provided you change the field values to January14, February14, March14 etc. (by removing the ' ), the following expression should do the trick:

Sum({<Month = -{'January14', 'February14', 'March14'} >} Revenue)

Edit: Please see attached example

Regards,

Kristofer !

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Provide year& Monthnum as YearMonth

201401; 201402 or similiar

then you can provide a selection box where you can select 201404-201503

or you can define a Trigger on open document, where you select yearMonth>201403

This shall give you an idea. Feel free to adapt it to your choice

saurabh5
Creator II
Creator II

Hey Dani,

the reason you do not want to show JAn14 and Feb 14, is because you want to show rolling months or just want to remove these 2 months?

Saurabh

kristoferahlin

To exclude these months from the bar chart only, I would use set analysis. I would however strongly advice you to change the Month field format. At least remove the ' from the field values, since this will cause all sorts of problems later on if you decide to use any string functions on that field. Perhaps even converting the field to a date-field (I.e. 201401, 201402, 201403 etc.). This will help a lot further on.

Provided you change the field values to January14, February14, March14 etc. (by removing the ' ), the following expression should do the trick:

Sum({<Month = -{'January14', 'February14', 'March14'} >} Revenue)

Edit: Please see attached example

Regards,

Kristofer !