Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide fields in Current Selection Box

Hi All,

I want to hide some unwanted fields from the current selection box. Is there any way to do that.?

Currenty I am using inline load to include fields in the condition exxpression in the chart. I want these, not to displayed in the current selection box.

See the attached file. I dont want the field 'Chart', to be displayed in the current selection box.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi,

you can use a textbox with the choice of field selections you want like this:

='Selections:'&'\nCountry :'&getfieldselections(country)&'\nAmount: '&getfieldselections(Amount)

See also attached file.

Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's easy...
Use HidePrefix to identify fields that start from a specified character (or string) as the system fields, and then hide system fields.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael, Thanks for your reply.

But can you please explain me how to do that. It would be great, if you can modify the attached QVW file.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi,

you can use a textbox with the choice of field selections you want like this:

='Selections:'&'\nCountry :'&getfieldselections(country)&'\nAmount: '&getfieldselections(Amount)

See also attached file.

Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Simple example attched.
Statement
SET HidePrefix = %;
makes all fields starting with % the system fields. You also have to go to sheet properteis - fields tab, and uncheck the box "show system fields" after you bring the %C on th screen.
If you make selection in field %C - it's not in the current selections.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Micheal and Ralf for your solutions and it works for me.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Agreed. I'd never heard of the HidePrefix before, and had only used Ralf's solution in the past. There's enough complexity in the cases where I've done it that the HidePrefix won't solve my own problems, but I might certainly find use of it in the future. Thanks for pointing it out, Michael.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the best solution.