Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Giving an option to end users to load data from QVD.

I know we can enable end user to load data from the QVD but I want to know is there any predefined application which has that ability, which helps me to save time.

(Predefined applications means-application which are built by qlik, user, blog such as document analyzer, governance e.t.c)

Thanks for sharing knowledge

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure if you mean reload on the portal itself or on a downloaded copy? I have worked on a partial reload which gives users the ability to add data for comparison purposes but only on the desktop version (not allowing for a reload on the portal itself.)

Re: Is that possible to Append/Add data to QlikView Application based on user request.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There are three basic situations where you can (try to) offer an end-user thye ability to reload a document (it doesn't matter whether it's from a QVD, a text file or an Excel workbook; they're all just files with data in'em):

1. End-users that have a QlikView QVW file at their disposal: use the standard Reload button in the toolbar of QLikView Desktop
  2. End-users that use the OCX component (no toolbar) embedded in another app: create a button and add ActionType External->Reload
  3. End-users that visit the AccessPoint: no option to reload aside form making them Document Administrators or letting them trigger a task by way of an EDX signal.

What is your situation?

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My 2 cents :

In any case it is just a reload, regardless the data source (QVD, other files, database...)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all for the reply.

I need to enable the end user to reload the qlikview document in the portal(AccessPoint). Peter can you enhance second point--i.e using OCX.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In that case you should consider option 3.

Anyway, option 2 is about the OCX component, which is also used and known as the QlikView plugin for Internet Explorer. QlikView OEMs get a license to embed this component into their own software where it acts like a genuine part of the OEM software. A document presented in the OCX component can be made to reload from data sources just like does in QlikView Desktop. However, since you are talking about Access Point documents, reload options are limited to what the QlikView Server itself has to offer you.

I think an EDX-based solution is your best option.

Peter

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

Not applicable
Author

Thanks ... I think in my implementing OCX is abit complex for my small application. Im loading whole data in QVD and then controlling the projections to the user.