Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khaycock
Creator
Creator

Excluding fields from a list box

Hi there,

I have a list box that I am wanting to display as a selection menu at the top of the screen and there are some values within this field that have no data. I want to remove all the values that have no data from the list box but allow for them to appear if they ever get data added to them (so I can't hard code the options in).

I have ticked the 'Hide Excluded' option but now it just looks horrible and I ideally want to only see the proper options and no grey..

exclude.PNG

Is this possible?

Thanks

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

When you say don't have data... what exactly do you mean? Can you elaborate on this? May be Try this

Aggr(FieldName, FieldName)

khaycock
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry I mean there are some category numbers that are null so won't be able to be clicked on anyway like this:

exclude 2.PNG

I just want to get rid of the null ones

sunny_talwar

They are null because they have been excluded based on certain selections, right? What selections have you made here?

khaycock
Creator
Creator
Author

There is no descriptions that have been generated for those categories at all within the dashboard so there is just literally nothing to select. I have flat files loaded in that list them as possibly categories in the future