Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Difference in data by comparing server reload and desktop client reload

Hi Qlikview Folks,

i have experienced i strange behaviour after moving my QVWs to our Qlikview Server.

We run daily an QVW (load script) to create out of CSV data a QVD file. This QVD file finally contains a calender day with data.

Now I'm loading the QVDs for the past 3 years daily into my dashboard QVW. Finally I have up to 10 million lines of data in my dashboard QVW. During the dashboard load i apply various mapping tables onto my data.

The strange behaviour:

When I am executing the reload on my laptop, i can't just very occasionally (one time a month) see that some lines aren't proberly filled with data, meaning NULL values have been created out of QVDs where definitly no NULL values is existing in.

When I am letting the Qlikview Small Business Server do the reload, i have in more then 90% of all reloads the case that I can find NULL values in my lines.

I deeply checked and have figured out that each time other data was affected. After running the server reload, performing a laptop reload the NULL values dissappear (most times as said).

To me it seems that the server if processing the data so fast, that some lines are simply not created correctly.

Has anybody seen such a behaviour in your systems?

I tried to build demo applications, as the original onces are much to massive to add here and also contain confidential information. In all demo cases with smaller data sets, the problem doesn't appear. Also not on other Dashboards which use the same data, but e. g. filtered to one specific account owner, etc.

thanks for any hint,

Mathias

0 Replies