Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afbraga1
Creator
Creator

Creating a table with headers and assign the different expressions to each column

Hello, I have been trying to create the table in the qvw attached (Table1) and use on each of the columns the correct expression. But I can't seem to do it the correct way. I have tried with 'If clauses' but that would be just bad for performance since this is just an example and the table would be bigger. I have also tried with valuelist (Table2 below) but valuelist makes all combinations between given values (eg: Water only has Quantity and not the rest of the metrics), and that's not what I want. What I am looking to do is something like the Table1 where I can assign the expression to each column. Can anyone help me get around this? Thank you.

18 Replies
afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

That's great, thank you Sunny! One last question, why is that when I select the dimension its values changes? Is there a way to maintain the correct values when filtering the table? Thank you.

sunny_talwar

Check now

Expression

Pick(wildmatch(Only({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}CostAnalysisH1),$(vCostAnalysisH1)),

Pick(wildmatch(Only({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}CostAnalysisH2),$(vCostAnalysisH2)),

Pick(wildmatch(Only({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),1),Pick(wildmatch(Only({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),2,3)),

Pick(wildmatch(Only({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}CostAnalysisH2),$(vCostAnalysisH2)),

Pick(wildmatch(Only({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),4)),

Pick(wildmatch(Only({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),5),Pick(wildmatch(Only({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),6,7))

)

Variables

=Concat({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}DISTINCT(chr(39)&CostAnalysisH1&chr(39)),',')

=Concat({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}DISTINCT(chr(39)&CostAnalysisH2&chr(39)),',')

=Concat({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}DISTINCT(chr(39)&CostAnalysisH3&chr(39)),',')

afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok, I understand what you have done, but what if I wanted to filter it just to show Wood or Resin or Water, can it be one? I ask this because the table I'm looking to create is quite big, so I wouldn't want to show always all columns at same time.

sunny_talwar

My bad, I thought you wanted to always see the H1's, H2's, and H3's... check now

Capture.PNG

afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok, this is awesome exactly what I was looking for. But what did you do exactly to achieve that? I copied everything as an example to another qvw file and it isn't working anymore strangely. Only in the one you provided, and I can't seem to understand why.

sunny_talwar

Here you are

Dimensions

Company

CostAnalysisH1

CostAnalysisH2

CostAnalysisH3

Expressions

Pick(wildmatch(Only(CostAnalysisH1),$(vCostAnalysisH1)),

Pick(wildmatch(Only(CostAnalysisH2),$(vCostAnalysisH2)),

Pick(wildmatch(Only(CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),1),Pick(wildmatch(Only(CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),2,3)),

Pick(wildmatch(Only(CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),4)),

Pick(wildmatch(Only(CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),5),Pick(wildmatch(Only(CostAnalysisH3),$(vCostAnalysisH3)),6,7))

)

Variables

=Concat({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}DISTINCT(chr(39)&CostAnalysisH1&chr(39)),',')

=Concat({<CostAnalysisH1, CostAnalysisH2, CostAnalysisH3>}DISTINCT(chr(39)&CostAnalysisH3&chr(39)),',')

sunny_talwar

Basically ignore selection in variable and don't ignore selections from your expression

afbraga1
Creator
Creator
Author

Ah that was it, I didn't realize you added it on the variable overview Thanks for amazing help Sunny!!

sunny_talwar

Not a problem, I am glad I was able to help....

Please close the thread by marking correct and helpful responses.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny