Contributor
Contributor

Access Denied error while storing a .qvd file

Hi, 

Does anybody know what this error mean?

"accessDenied \\192.168.10.35\Qlik\Compensation.qvd
STORE Compensation INTO Compensation.qvd (qvd)"

error.JPG

I am getting it while storing a qvd file. Thing is that before it worked perfectly, but then suddenly qlik started returning this error.  I did not change anything in the script. and it stores other qvd files, except only this one and I have no idea what can be wrong with this file.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This implies the store location does not exist, or the Qlik process does not have write permissions to the folder or the file. 

If that is not the case, then perhaps the file is locked by a scheduled process that has locked the file for writing at the same time. Or some other process has locked the file (possibly a reload that terminated unexpectedly and is still present as an inactive process).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This implies the store location does not exist, or the Qlik process does not have write permissions to the folder or the file. 

If that is not the case, then perhaps the file is locked by a scheduled process that has locked the file for writing at the same time. Or some other process has locked the file (possibly a reload that terminated unexpectedly and is still present as an inactive process).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein