cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chenpeng
Contributor II
Contributor II

the system how to deal the running that qlikview multiple tasks in one qvw file

Hi Guys, I just have a concern that there  is a qvw exist multiple tasks. When I run those tasks at a same time the system is how to deal with this situation?  whether those multiple tasks are put into independent stack to run? 

thanks 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @chenpeng,

Typically when a task is run via Publisher or the Reload Engine, a file lock is placed on the .QVW/.QVF file by Windows, so any other task associated with that particular file wouldn't be able to access it. So concurrent running tasks from the same QVW/.QVF file should be avoided.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

It depends on a various factors in which with widths and depths the ETL + Report chains should be divided. The more granular it's designed the more flexible and simple would be each single task but of course it will add some overhead to manage it.

In my experience it would be sensible to implement at least a 3-tier data-architecture with n generators + n data-models + n reports. Only be very small datasets without much ETL requirements you may do it more practically with everything within a single layer.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @chenpeng,

Typically when a task is run via Publisher or the Reload Engine, a file lock is placed on the .QVW/.QVF file by Windows, so any other task associated with that particular file wouldn't be able to access it. So concurrent running tasks from the same QVW/.QVF file should be avoided.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!