cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

how to exclude administrative users from Governance Dashboard

Is there a way to prevent certain users from being included in the reporting from the governance dashboard? I do not want my technical team's interactions to be showing up in the usage reporting and would like to exclude a list of users. Also service account users, such as the nprinting user...how do we exclude all of that?

Labels (1)
5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

In the Governance Dashboard, you can select the users you want and create a bookmark to see their usage summary every time you want.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I want the opposite of that. I want to exclude a list of users so they are not counted in any of the reporting. What happens typically is we go to see if anyone is using a dashboard and that generates activity and I have to recognize the userids to know that in fact, no one is using the dashboard. 

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can use "Select Excluded" option in filter.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

that sort of works, but it is very hard to manually identify the desired users to exclude from thousands of other users so they can then be select excluded. There should be a config file for the server to identify all users and documents that should not be included in analytics--like how a website would be managed to exclude employees and internal traffic from analysis.

The use case here is that I want to find dashboards that are not being used very often so they can be retired. Maybe I should use an nprinting report and filter on the usage details table...that would give me a way to produce a "top 100 dashboards" report...

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @daveatkins,

Suggest that you create a feature request for your use case. Refer to Qlik Support article How to Submit an Idea or Propose an Improvement for Qlik Products.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!