Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcello
Partner - Contributor III

Users of a different Active Directory, but with membership to a group in the same Domain are not listed

Hi all,

I am facing the following problem:

In the Active Directory there are many group whose users are on a different domain than the current one (they are called referred).

Listing users does not show the "referred" users.

I know that in Qlik Sense Enterprise these problem is solved using advanced LDAP

Does anybody knows if and how I can achieve the same result in QlikView Server ?

Thanks in advance, Marcello

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

You will need a trust between the domains for it to work in QlikView or some type of Single Sign ON setup.  Which users Header authentication or tokens.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

You will need a trust between the domains for it to work in QlikView or some type of Single Sign ON setup.  Which users Header authentication or tokens.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
marcello
Author

Hi Bill,

thanks for your reply.

Should it been a bi-directional trusted relationship ? 

or is enough if the referrer is trusted by the current (the one i'm browsing in AD) domain ?

Thanks , Marcello

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @marcello,

It should be a two way trust between domains.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
marcello
Author

Hi 

so this is not possible. I am asking for a big corporate and there is no way I can  change their trust policy.

Anyway thanks for your kind replies, Marcello