Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EladKushmaro
Contributor III
Contributor III

Performance question regarding QMC task scheduled to every 1/2 hour

Hi,

I have to reload QV QVW when a certain condition is met in the SQL.

I thought of scheduling a task reload every half an hour.

The QVW script will check if the SQL condition is met:

- If so, the QVW script will continue.

- If not, the QVW script will terminate.

I wonder, in terms of server performance - is it a good idea to schedule a reload every 1/2 an hour? 

This is a production server.

We have SSIS and can develop a reload via EDX (external event) but our main development capabilities are surely in QV development.

Thanks, Elad.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@EladKushmaro  good morning. Will running this job affect performance if you run it every 30 minutes. It really just depends how complex is the QVW script in this job that being reloaded. How many other jobs are running when this just starts and is running. How long does this particular reload job run?

These are all things to take into consideration. If it's not a big job and takes a few seconds or a couple of minutes to run I don't see why it would be bad on your system performance. 

Hope that helps.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@EladKushmaro  good morning. Will running this job affect performance if you run it every 30 minutes. It really just depends how complex is the QVW script in this job that being reloaded. How many other jobs are running when this just starts and is running. How long does this particular reload job run?

These are all things to take into consideration. If it's not a big job and takes a few seconds or a couple of minutes to run I don't see why it would be bad on your system performance. 

Hope that helps.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.