Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cascader
Creator
Creator

How limit the number of CPU Cores used by Qlikview

Hi,

I found this article talking about setting the limit for number of cores for Qliksense (https://support.qlik.com/articles/000042135 ), but how to do it for Qlikview?

/Ahmed

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure but I assume it's quite similar whereby the settings.ini may not contain this setting by default else only if it's manually set or there were an appropriate change within the QMC.

Just check it by doing a comparison between the settings.ini before and after the QMC adjustments by:

QMC/System/Setup/Qlikview Servers/YourServer/Performance/CPU Affinity

just enabling/disabling the cores by clicking on boxes and confirming it by clicking on apply at the bottom.

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@Ahmedg,

@marcus_sommer is correct in that this setting can be manually set in QlikView Desktop and QlikView Server via the Settings.ini file. Refer to the following Qlik KB articles for details on how to edit the Settings.ini file: 

Follow article How to limit the number of CPU cores used by Qlik Sense in the Settings.ini file for what value to set:  2^(number of cores)-1. For example, 10 cores would be 2^10 - 1, or 1023.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure but I assume it's quite similar whereby the settings.ini may not contain this setting by default else only if it's manually set or there were an appropriate change within the QMC.

Just check it by doing a comparison between the settings.ini before and after the QMC adjustments by:

QMC/System/Setup/Qlikview Servers/YourServer/Performance/CPU Affinity

just enabling/disabling the cores by clicking on boxes and confirming it by clicking on apply at the bottom.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@Ahmedg,

@marcus_sommer is correct in that this setting can be manually set in QlikView Desktop and QlikView Server via the Settings.ini file. Refer to the following Qlik KB articles for details on how to edit the Settings.ini file: 

Follow article How to limit the number of CPU cores used by Qlik Sense in the Settings.ini file for what value to set:  2^(number of cores)-1. For example, 10 cores would be 2^10 - 1, or 1023.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!