cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee

Coming soon for Tabular Reporting

The initial release of Qlik Cloud Tabular Reporting in December was a long awaited capability for many customers.   We will continue to expanded the functionality within the broader roadmap. 

This post offers a short-term outlook for some improvements in development for the Tabular Reporting capability.  Stay tuned to the What's New for official availability notices over the course of Q1'24. 

1. Qlik Add-in: Change template connection - when working with report templates there can be the need to author against App A and then use against App B  (a copy of the app, or maybe just sharing an example via app/template) - we'll have a simple config that allows for a template to be re-connected to a different app/tenant. 
  2. PDF file format support - offering the flexibility to author a tabular report and configure the report task to output reports in PDF file output.
  3. Managed Space support - we know you need it! A similar report creation and task management experience for Managed Space apps that support tabular reporting requirements. 

The feedback from customers / partners has been fantastic! Please keep growing the discussion in this forum, sharing your experience and increasing the community knowledge around tabular reporting use cases.  Of course, use our Ideation portal to suggestion additional capabilities. 

Disclaimer: as with any future looking statements I need to caveat that this post is not a commitment and timing/feature functionality can change.  Please continue to work with the official product in hand, documented through help.qlik.com, as the confirm expected functionality. 

Labels (3)
13 Replies
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

We use many pivot tables. I have noticed that these are not visible in the addin and therefore cannot be used.

Are there any plans or a release date for when the feature will be available?

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee
Author

Thanks for the post @Danijel .  You might consider this option here https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/excel-add-in-n... 

No update to forecast at this point.  

mshann01
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have a small but big problem when using the plug-in.  The Qlik tables don't bring over cell borders into excel when "Keep source formats" is checked.  However, if you add them yourself in Excel and uncheck that option, then you lose all the Qlik formatting (which is needed for background color expressions, etc).  I tried creating a custom theme in Qlik to make my table have black borders, but that still doesn't work.  No borders are ever applied with the source formatting.  If I set all my row colors in Excel ahead of time and disable "Expand Range", then the rows all take only the first row's Excel formatting and overwrite the rest of the rows formats.

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee
Author

Thanks for the post @mshann01

Have a look at this section of the help - I think you will find use of the native xls tables to work well https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Reporting/excel-add-in-n...

cheers

PS. you may wish to drop this type of post in the main thread (vs nested in another users post) - offers better visibility for other community members to pick up! 

mshann01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks @Andrew_Kruger!  The Excel table option seems to have worked out well.  It blends both the Sense and XL styles together if I adjust the right settings.  I will continue to experiment but I believe this will work out for my use case.

Andrew_Kruger
Employee
Employee
Author

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Wow. 3 nice improvements in 3 months.  What is next for Q2? 🙂