cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eduardo_Carrijo
Contributor II
Contributor II

SQL Server - MERGE

I have a SQL Server database that has merge replication configured with another SQL Server, I need to replicate some tables using Qlik Replicate, we know that CDC cannot be activated, I would like to know what the restrictions are in relation to transactional replication, if This impacts merge replication that already exists, if Qlik uses other logs than the one already being used by MERGE.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @Eduardo_Carrijo 

Are the tables that you want Replicate to handle already part of the Merge replication?

Thanks,

Dana

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @Eduardo_Carrijo 

I don't have complete information regarding your question, but I can say that either MS-Replication needs to be enabled or MS-CDC for change processing. Is this a one-time need, full load only?

MS-Replication:

Prerequisites | Qlik Replicate Help

MS-CDC:

Prerequisites | Qlik Replicate Help

Eduardo_Carrijo
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

MS-Replication is enabled and configured for SQL Server merge replication, and as the database is configured for merge replication with another SQL Server instance, it is not possible to activate CDC, my question is whether to replicate using MS- Native replication of SQL Server, will Qlik use the same log files as MERGE? I need to be sure, because it's a production database.

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

@Eduardo_Carrijo Yes Qlik Replicate will read from the same transaction logs. I'm checking into this to see if there is any anticipated impact.

Thanks,

Dana

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @Eduardo_Carrijo 

Are the tables that you want Replicate to handle already part of the Merge replication?

Thanks,

Dana

Eduardo_Carrijo
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Dana_Baldwin 

Yes, they are replicated in the merge.

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @Eduardo_Carrijo 

Should work fine but you need to set this internal parameter on the source endpoint, advanced tab:

ignoreMsReplicationEnablement

This will tell Replicate not to create a new publication for the task.

In the search parameter field, type in an exclamation point. Scroll down and select the parameter. Enable the check box. Click OK to save your edit and close the window, then click Save on the endpoint. While not relevant to this specific issue - tasks that use this endpoint will need to be restarted before the parameter goes into effect (endpoint settings are only read & processed during task startup).

Thanks,

Dana