Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What about the other features from NPrinting 16

Hello everybody,

I still miss the one or two features from the old version.

A feature that would be extremely helpful, Test Task.
Also the topic "Linked Fields" and "User Import Wizard".

Besides I miss the following functions in NPrinting:
- Using NPrinting Designer in server environment (-> Only One Instance Problem)
- Better error descriptions
- Removing reports from NewsStand
- Definition, which reports are stored e.g. in the news status (-> problem with HTML reports for email body)

However, I am very optimistic that one or the other feature will certainly find its way into the next version.

Greetings.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Hi Danijel - 

Some of these features are on our roadmap, namely: test task, better error descriptions and removing reports from newsstand.

Due to the architectural differences between NPrinting 16 and 19, we do not plan to support linked fields. They can still be created in NPrinting 19 and used as a filter, but it is not possible to use them as a cycle, page or level.

User import wizard is also not planned. The concept of recipients/users is different between the two versions and the sources of recipient data are more limited than those in NPrinting 16, so we do not plan to recreate the wizard. We suggest using the NPrinting APIs as a method of mapping users.

I'm not sure I understand the issues around "Definition, which reports are stored e.g. in the news status (-> problem with HTML reports for email body)" so can you please expand upon that?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Hi Danijel - 

Some of these features are on our roadmap, namely: test task, better error descriptions and removing reports from newsstand.

Due to the architectural differences between NPrinting 16 and 19, we do not plan to support linked fields. They can still be created in NPrinting 19 and used as a filter, but it is not possible to use them as a cycle, page or level.

User import wizard is also not planned. The concept of recipients/users is different between the two versions and the sources of recipient data are more limited than those in NPrinting 16, so we do not plan to recreate the wizard. We suggest using the NPrinting APIs as a method of mapping users.

I'm not sure I understand the issues around "Definition, which reports are stored e.g. in the news status (-> problem with HTML reports for email body)" so can you please expand upon that?

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi @Stephen_Jasionowski 

Thank you very much for your detailed answer.

An example of what I mean:
I have a report which I want to distribute, in addition I have a HTML report which is stored in the email body.

If I now define that the distribution should also take place in the newsstand, the HTML report also lands on it, which actually makes no sense at this point.

Therefore it would be good if one could define which reports should be distributed in which channels.

I hope I was able to explain it reasonably well.

Greetings