Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VatsalyaSolanki
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Pivot Indent Rows Issue

Hi Community,

I am creating a pivot in Qliksense with "Indent Rows" but when I fetch that table in nprinting it removes the Indent Rows.

Below I am attaching the Qliksense Pivot and Nprinting Images for better understanding.

1. Pivot in Qliksense (This is the format I require in Nprinting also)

VatsalyaSolanki_1-1707134024301.png

2. Pivot in Nprinting (The Pivot format that I am getting)

VatsalyaSolanki_0-1707133874258.png

PS: I have tried creating nprinting pivot with and without "Keep Source Format" and it results in same.

Thanks in advance.

Accept as answer, if the solution works for you.
Labels (1)
5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You could try to create a native Excel pivot table: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Pivot-table-Excel.htm

In that case you can use Excel native features to control the format of the output.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @VatsalyaSolanki 

There are 3 options:

1. if you want this to look like Qlik Sense - use image
  2. if you just need indentations and can use excel build it with either
    1. excel pivot table
    2. nested levels and subtotals - with this option you can get superb look as you have all excel formatting options available. The pivot table you are using does not have any dimensions as columns (has only measures) so there is absolutelly no problem recreating it from levels.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
VatsalyaSolanki
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli  and @Lech_Miszkiewicz , Thankyou for the solutions, though these solutions might not work, because

1. Creating an excel pivot is not possible, since I require dynamic column names in the pivot. For eg:- One column is named "Feb 2024 MTD" for this month and next month it would be "Mar 2024 MTD.

1.A)  If a take a QS straight table to nprinting and make an excel pivot, with the column name "Feb 2024 MTD", it works fine for this month. But next month when the column name becomes "Mar 2024 MTD" the excel pivot just skips that column as it still searches for "Feb 2024 MTD" column in the source data.

2. Also inserting the qliksense pivot as image in nprinting doesnt work for me as we want a interactive report where user can apply filters and stuff.

I would highly appreciate some other solutions.

Thanks in Advance.

Accept as answer, if the solution works for you.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @VatsalyaSolanki 

Ok - so as I mentioned in my previous comment the best option and greatest amount of control you will get by creating pivot table look-alike object with levels and subtotals.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Excel-Reports-Nesteds.h...

using this concept you can perfectly eachieve what you need. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Nesting multiple Levels works, is supported, but it could increase the time needed to generate the reports.  I suggest to test in your installation if the generation time is acceptable.

Please also note that you can't insert a native Excel pivot table inside a level.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.