cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpersoneni
Contributor
Contributor

How to send only files that contains values in cycled report

On Nprinting I have a report which cycle through a field of a QlikSense table. It creates a set of xlsx files.
In the zip file that I receive in the email I need to see only the files that contains values, so when a table with a certain value from the cycled field has rows.
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @dpersoneni

Just making sure we are talking about the same cycles - you say

"On Nprinting I have a report which cycle through a field of a QlikSense table. It creates a set of xlsx files."

Cycles are based on fields only and not on the Qlik Sense tables, so I am assuming you are cycling through the field(s) values from your data model.

If that is the case then you need to apply advanced search filter on cycle dimension (on a task or report) which will allow you to test if the values are existing for combination of values from cycle. 

I have explained that on multiple occasions, for example: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @dpersoneni

Just making sure we are talking about the same cycles - you say

"On Nprinting I have a report which cycle through a field of a QlikSense table. It creates a set of xlsx files."

Cycles are based on fields only and not on the Qlik Sense tables, so I am assuming you are cycling through the field(s) values from your data model.

If that is the case then you need to apply advanced search filter on cycle dimension (on a task or report) which will allow you to test if the values are existing for combination of values from cycle. 

I have explained that on multiple occasions, for example: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting filters supports advanced search. Suppose that you want an Excel file only for Salesman with sum(Sales)> 150000:

- create a filter with advanced search and the expression =Sum({<Salesman = {"=sum(Sales) > 150000"}>} Sales)

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1707314004089.png

- create an Excel report with cycles by Salesman field and that filter associated

Ruggero_Piccoli_1-1707314055504.png

- run a preview and you will have a file only for the salesman who satisfy the filter

Ruggero_Piccoli_2-1707314095002.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.