Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aho
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting Designer, table object is missing

Hi all and @Ruggero_Piccoli , @jakobjosef 

Maybe you can help me on my related issue. I've read this post, but I don't know if I have the same problem:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/Object-does-not-exist-in-Nprinting-Designer/td-p/105539

We use Qlik Sense and I have two basic tables which are added as master items.

In Nprinting designer I can only see one of the tables when I'm in the Table Object selector.

The nprinting cache is refreshing once a day so that's not the problem.

I've added screenshots of the master items and the nprinting table selector.

Any help will be appriciated! 🙂

Andreas

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aho
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi all

I've located the problem.

The master item doesn't have a Title! (1) - I thought it was enough to give the master item a name (2).

Aho_1-1687945579389.png

I got the ObjectID (using this guide: How to identify an object in a Qlik Sense app by object id ) and searched for this ID in Nprinting Designer. 

The output works like a charm! 

Aho_0-1687945384576.png

Thanks for helping! 😁

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Zapparoli
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @Aho.

For Nprinting to find the object, it has to be present inside a sheet, not only on a master item.

Can you try this and let me know if it helps ?

-Zapparoli 

Check my Youtube Channel for more Qlik Content
https://www.youtube.com/@ZappaAnalytics

Aho
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Zapparoli 

Thanks for a fast reply.

The master item is present in a published sheet.

Aho_0-1687871054788.png

Aho_1-1687871134401.png

Zapparoli
Creator II
Creator II

I see, thanks for clarifying that.

If both tables are present inside the sheet, Nprinting would be able to read it as far as i know.

Next thing I would try is removing the table as a Master Item to see if it works.

-Zapparoli 

Check my Youtube Channel for more Qlik Content
https://www.youtube.com/@ZappaAnalytics

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Is your sheet a base/approved or community sheet?

It is very poor practice to build NPrinting based on private or community sheets as this can cause issues in the future (when migrating apps or when owner of the sheet leaves company etc..)

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

@Zapparoli  is correct that objects have to be added to sheets. The fact that they exists just in master item library is not enough. You need to drag-n-drop them onto the sheet and then relate to Id;s of those objects from the sheet.

You dont need to remove them from Master Items!!!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Aho
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi all

I've located the problem.

The master item doesn't have a Title! (1) - I thought it was enough to give the master item a name (2).

Aho_1-1687945579389.png

I got the ObjectID (using this guide: How to identify an object in a Qlik Sense app by object id ) and searched for this ID in Nprinting Designer. 

The output works like a charm! 

Aho_0-1687945384576.png

Thanks for helping! 😁