Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btaccent
Contributor III
Contributor III

NP-16 to NP 2021 - Trigger are not reusable

Hi,

We have some old .nsq file that we are migrating to NP-2021 using migration tool build within Qlik NP-2021.

I understand that in NP-2021, Tasks hold the reports and we need to manually create triggers.

In NP-16, We have many tasks which are under a single schedule which run at 8:15 AM, so all the reports under the tasks run in a queue.

But in the newer version its seems i need to create separate trigger to each task. Am I right? 

Since all these reports have same schedule time ie 8:15 AM, i am not sure if how the Nnrinting handle the triggers, triggering at the same time.

Is there is better way to handle this.

Thanks

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

In current supported versions of NPrinting, there is no concept of individual 'jobs' unfortunately. 

So if I understand your question accurately, a separate publish task/task schedule trigger (in current NPrinting) is needed for each (NP 16) 'job'.

Yes, you are right.

Possible workaround. 
Add all your reports that need distribution into a single task for 7 am for example.

If you need to use filters, do not apply them to the 'publish task', just apply them to each individual report.

Furthermore, NP 16 does not run parallel tasks. They can be initiated as a job at a single point in time but they are processed in series (one after the other) not in parallel (same time). NPrinting today will do concurrent processing (same time) however you need to have sufficient hardware to support that both on the NP side and the QV or QS server side. The larger the QVWs the greater the CPU and RAM need to manage the load.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Performanc...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnect...

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please note that May 2021 is out of support so, after the migration, I suggest you to plan an upgrade to a supported version.

QlikView NPrinting 16 and older versions were monotasking and single engine so it can create a single report at a time and in sequence. That is why it was needed to place jobs in sequence. Starting from Qlik NPrinting 17 and ahead you can install many engines and they are multithread so they can work on multiple tasks at the same time, it depends on hardware resources, so it is no more required to place jobs in sequence. 

You can evaluate:

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

In current supported versions of NPrinting, there is no concept of individual 'jobs' unfortunately. 

So if I understand your question accurately, a separate publish task/task schedule trigger (in current NPrinting) is needed for each (NP 16) 'job'.

Yes, you are right.

Possible workaround. 
Add all your reports that need distribution into a single task for 7 am for example.

If you need to use filters, do not apply them to the 'publish task', just apply them to each individual report.

Furthermore, NP 16 does not run parallel tasks. They can be initiated as a job at a single point in time but they are processed in series (one after the other) not in parallel (same time). NPrinting today will do concurrent processing (same time) however you need to have sufficient hardware to support that both on the NP side and the QV or QS server side. The larger the QVWs the greater the CPU and RAM need to manage the load.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Performanc...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnect...

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please note that May 2021 is out of support so, after the migration, I suggest you to plan an upgrade to a supported version.

QlikView NPrinting 16 and older versions were monotasking and single engine so it can create a single report at a time and in sequence. That is why it was needed to place jobs in sequence. Starting from Qlik NPrinting 17 and ahead you can install many engines and they are multithread so they can work on multiple tasks at the same time, it depends on hardware resources, so it is no more required to place jobs in sequence. 

You can evaluate:

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.