cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srik00001
Contributor III
Contributor III

Migrating nprinting to new server

I am planning a migration to new nprinting server from one domain to another domain

Can i take a DB backup of source nprinting DB and restore to destination nprinting DB server?

Source version: Qlik NPrinting November 2019, Version: 19.40.3.0

Destination version:  Qlik NPrinting May 2021, Version: 21.14.3.0

I came across the below article which says its not ok to do this across versions but i am asking because we have close to 500 nprint reports and i dont want to manually import each report. If not a DB restore, is there an easy way of doing this?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-BackUp-and-Restore-Qlik-NPrinting-Rep...

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So, there are two things:

1. Always follow official documentation: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Backup-restore....

2. You need to backup and restore to the same version. Any other attempt is not supported! Once you migrate you can always upgrade new server to the version you want so the end result can be exactly the same and it is only method of getting there which is different

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
David_Friend
Support
Support

like @Lech_Miszkiewicz was saying yes you need to stay on the same version, also just FYI that May 2021 is out of support so recommend you upgrade your new server to a newer version (current latest version out is May 2023)

What is your source, QlikView or QlikSense, and what version?

srik00001
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

the source is QLikview and qliksense

Qlik sense : November 2022 Patch 7 - 14.97.10

Qlikview: 12.70.20000.0

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In that case use help.qlik.com to figure out which versions are supported. You must ensure you have correct combination of nprinting and qlikview /qliksense versions. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.