Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Data Movement Gateway Service Failed to start after upgrade

Hi,

my data movement service won't start after upgrading the data Gateway (Data Movement) to the current version.

Downloaded over Github

https://github.com/qlik-download/hdd-replication-agent-artifacts/releases/tag/v2023.5.16

and installed it according to the help site.

But strangely it wont start up:  (you see, I tried uninstalling older versions prior to avoid disc space issues)

2024-01-19_10h21_45.pngThe rpm -qa Command shows that it is actually installed:

philipp_kunz_0-1705657143626.png

I have rebuilt the registration keys aswell, but the service is not starting,

philipp_kunz_1-1705657222379.png

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

However CentOS should be running i also had some problems with it this distro getting it running. I switched to RH8 and this is working everytime i install it. 

Please create a Ticket for Support, they probably can help you solving this issue

View solution in original post

afurtado
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

same with me.I was using CentOS, having problemns to update. Than I move to RH8 and now is perfect.

furtado@farolbi.com.br

View solution in original post

9 Replies
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Did you have a look at the repagent.log it is in the gateways data/logs folder. Maybe you can get extra info from this….

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Jochem,

according to your hint (thx for that)  I could discover the logs. they tell that Replicate is not running: 

philipp_kunz_1-1705908996263.png

I checked that port 3552 is open (sudo firewall-cmd --add-port=3552/tcp
), since the logs say a connection would be refused on that port 3552, but still the service won't start up. any ideas? Thank you!

We are currently running on CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

However CentOS should be running i also had some problems with it this distro getting it running. I switched to RH8 and this is working everytime i install it. 

Please create a Ticket for Support, they probably can help you solving this issue

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

HI Jochem,  since switching OS might cause to much of a hustle, I will start over by restoring the server to a point in time where everything used to work and go for a new attempt. :-). keeping you informed. thx anyway.

afurtado
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

same with me.I was using CentOS, having problemns to update. Than I move to RH8 and now is perfect.

furtado@farolbi.com.br
philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Red Hat did the job, thx!

david_Edvardsson
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi philipp_kunz, 

Did you get any response from the support before moving to Red Hat?

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi David, 

Qlik support advised me to switch to RH8, since this is officialy supported. We tried CentOS 8, CentOS Stream in advance but could not make it work. We could have tried Fedora as well but RH8 did the trick.

david_Edvardsson
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

ok, thank you for your quick reply.