Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webtronix
Contributor II
Contributor II

Single or Multi select Measures in a chart

Hi Guys

I'm quite new to Qlik. I have a series of 12 measures in a table and have built a line chart that is very busy.

What I would like to be able to do is select any 2 or 3 measures from the 12 via a 'filter panel', something like a toggle on off switch, which would then reflect accordingly onto the chart.

Is this vaguely possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

find attached qvf with 2 measures that can be selected by users.

its not the cleanest as there will be errant commas on the axis but you can play around with formatting and try.

as far as i know this is the only way without a custom extension. i know paid extensions like vizlib supports this in a much cleaner manner 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

sorry just realized you are talking about line charts.

its possible but may not be the cleanest.  let me try and create an app for you

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

find attached qvf with 2 measures that can be selected by users.

its not the cleanest as there will be errant commas on the axis but you can play around with formatting and try.

as far as i know this is the only way without a custom extension. i know paid extensions like vizlib supports this in a much cleaner manner 

webtronix
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Dilipranjith

This is brilliant. You are a gentleman and a scholar. I tried all sorts of methods and could think it thru in my head but just could not put this into practice, which you have been able to accomplish for me in minutes.

I ran into a 'head scratching' moment as the database names were re-labelled in Qlik, however it worked flawlessly using the alias names in the script.

Thanks for your time and effort in this, i'm sure this piece of work will come in use to many other newbies like me 😎

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

No problems.. happy that it worked out