Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich5678
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense - Need to select one Value in filter pane, but cannot change Field Settings due to other Sheets in the App

Hi,

I have 2 sheets on my App.

First Sheet is the landing page with Summary showing Average Marks in 5 subjects for all 10 Students in the Class.

Second Sheet shows individual Student detail, with Marks obtained in each subject.

On the second sheet, I have a Filter pane to select Each student. Here I want to be able to select One and Only student, overriding Qlik Sense Default behavior of allowing multiple selections.

I saw several suggestions on Community pages (as shown below) - but this solution will not work here, because I need to have my First Sheet to be able to include All 10 students marks for Average calculations. If I go to Field Settings and change to select "Allow one selected value", that is going to make the First Sheet incorrect.

Please help. Thanks

Rich5678_0-1661527723982.png

Labels (4)
5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Rich5678 

You can bypass the session sharing using the following option:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents/Opening-the-same-Apps-in-multiple-tabs-with-diffe...

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm

View solution in original post

deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

You can do one thing, create two aliases for the same field and use one on the first sheet and create a bookmark having the all students selection. And on the second sheet use the second alias for the same field and allow only one selection by changing the settings for the field as you already know how to. 

Trial and error is the key to get unexpected results.

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Rich5678 

Did you have the chance to look at the link ? there is no information related to "Allow one selected value", what the link does is it will let you have both tabs with different selections, bypassing the sharing session that it seems is what is causing the problem for you.

Could you revisit the link and attempt to add /identity/1  and /identity/1 to each of the tabs and verify the outcome ?

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm

Rich5678
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks to both of you, for your valuable help.

Even though suggestion provided by NadiaB is very useful and helpful in other situations, for my current case, I guess only way is to create an Alias and have that used on different sheets. Thanks again

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Rich5678 

Have you used Forced Exclusion in Set Analysis before ? You can force the selection to be Ignored. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/Se...

Kind Regards. 

6 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Rich5678 

You can bypass the session sharing using the following option:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents/Opening-the-same-Apps-in-multiple-tabs-with-diffe...

Kind Regards.

Rich5678
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for sharing the link..
However, the problem is that I do not want to select only One value for that field always.

I need to be able to include All students in the class, using that very same field "StudentName".

I cannot go to "StudentName" field and select "Allow one selected value" as this calculates averages incorrectly in first Tab.

deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

You can do one thing, create two aliases for the same field and use one on the first sheet and create a bookmark having the all students selection. And on the second sheet use the second alias for the same field and allow only one selection by changing the settings for the field as you already know how to. 

Trial and error is the key to get unexpected results.
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Rich5678 

Did you have the chance to look at the link ? there is no information related to "Allow one selected value", what the link does is it will let you have both tabs with different selections, bypassing the sharing session that it seems is what is causing the problem for you.

Could you revisit the link and attempt to add /identity/1  and /identity/1 to each of the tabs and verify the outcome ?

Kind Regards. 

Rich5678
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks to both of you, for your valuable help.

Even though suggestion provided by NadiaB is very useful and helpful in other situations, for my current case, I guess only way is to create an Alias and have that used on different sheets. Thanks again

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Rich5678 

Have you used Forced Exclusion in Set Analysis before ? You can force the selection to be Ignored. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/Se...

Kind Regards.