Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Applicable88
Creator III
Creator III

Link the slightly different Keys of two tables together/ second table has prefix number

Hello,

I have a KEY that I want to use connecting two tables with:

Table 1  Table2 
Shelf No.Material AreaError Report No.Description
7894fsfdafsdfsdSector211111111(9910)7894
6666sdfdsfsSector3322222222(9910)6666
1234dfsdsfsfsSector133333333(9910)1234
7845sdfdsfddSector654444444(9910)7845

As you can see I have a Table 1 with Shelf ID and the Location of the shelf. Table2 is an error report. In column "description" we told workers to scan the QR- Code of the specifi shelf, where trouble  occurred. Unfortunately the barcode-scanner also always scans the prefix (9910) of the QR-Code as well.  So even though incident report of (9910)7845 of table2 is referring to 7845 of table1, I don't get the 2 keys linked with each other. 

Now I have problem connecting these two tables with that key. Is there a kind of workaround or "ignoring" the (9910) prefix? Note, that Table2 is a SAP derived table which contains alls sorts of errors reports inside the company and not only shelf related reports. For instance in the "description" field could also be a plain text like "Line34 Malfunction". 

Hope someone has a solution for me.

Stay safe!

Thanks in advance. 

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

Add another column when you're loading table 2 and remove the first part so the two columns match:

SUBFIELD(Description, ')', 2) AS [Shelf No.]

View solution in original post

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

is the part of the shel ID always 4 digits?

So create link field

right(description,4) as ShelfID

Regards

bhaskar_sm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

I would say you need to find the pattern for the table 2 description fields and then segregate the numbers values by creating an additional columns in table 2 and then you can link the new calculated columns with table 1.  Kindly share the possible no fields values that you might get in a description filed so that we can make the working key fields based on the values.

Thanks ,

BK 

4 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Add another column when you're loading table 2 and remove the first part so the two columns match:

SUBFIELD(Description, ')', 2) AS [Shelf No.]

Applicable88
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Nicole,

thanks for the quick reply. But somehow I don't think it will work out that way.  Because the Values that I can get in "description" column can also contain other irregular forms other than (9910)XXXX.

What will it do with values like "Manufacturing Line Broken" and similar content?

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

is the part of the shel ID always 4 digits?

So create link field

right(description,4) as ShelfID

Regards

bhaskar_sm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

I would say you need to find the pattern for the table 2 description fields and then segregate the numbers values by creating an additional columns in table 2 and then you can link the new calculated columns with table 1.  Kindly share the possible no fields values that you might get in a description filed so that we can make the working key fields based on the values.

Thanks ,

BK