Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scotchy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Has Qlik Dev removed the QSD download option ?

Hey all,

Anyone noticed or knows of an issue/change with Qlik Developer , download QSD file button pointing to the Qlik Community instead ?

Is this a Qlik policy change or de-implementation of QSD files for unlocking QS desktop ?  

Thanks

Paul

Labels (2)
47 Replies
Albert_Candelario

@stevedark I have also seen that and I would guess so as May 2023 is expected to be delivered on 9th May 23'. In any case, I am working to have it confirmed.

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
Albert_Candelario

Hello @stevedark,

Indeed a new file is expected when May 2023 release will be available.

Cheers,

Albert

Scotchy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Good to know, hence it would have been great if Qlik updates the Dev site in regards to this new info anyway.

Steve's scenario is a valid and common one I find especially as more clients are switching to Power BI here in Australia.

Scotchy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

More and more sites here in Australia moving to Power BI from Qlik , which is a tragedy as far as I'm concerned. Mostly it's licencing costs that drive them, not features and functionality of Qlik to retain them. 

Scotchy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Albert, worked fine. Will this be replacing the feature on the Qlik Developer web site from May ?

Albert_Candelario

Thanks @Scotchy  for letting us know that works fine.

Let me check if any other change is expected, as of now I would say no and that is why the button on the Garden site is directing you to the Download site. 

I am sure this post will help a lot of other users at our Community.

Last but not least, would you mind expanding on "not features and functionality of Qlik to retain them" and please check the new Ideation portal.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Updates/Check-out-the-exciting-changes-to-our-Qlik-Ideation-Po...

Cheers,

Albert

Scotchy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Albert.

Yes one of my biggest sites I have worked with (a Queensland Government site) is moving to predominantly Microsoft Power BI as they are leveraging the fact that they are one of the largest Microsoft licence holders in this state.

One group in particular is driving this push against all resistance as they see it as an economic advantage rather than practical. Unfortunately a lot of these drivers to change are not actually the developers of the solutions.

There are multiple govt agencies here in Qld doing this.

On the flip side we see Qlik Sense / QlikView leverage more in the southern states by State and Commonwealth government.  Large corporates e.g. Banks like ANZ, Westpac in the southern states leveraging Qlik products.

Frankly I think Qlik wins hands down as far as BI Tech is concerned.

Cheers

Paul

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi all,

I'm sure I'm not adding anything that anyone doesn't already know to this thread, but the threat from PowerBI is a very real one. It's certainly not because of features or functionality though. We have clients who have tried to move to PowerBI, against the will of their users, and have been unable to come close to replicating what they had in Qlik. We have multiple sites where they maintain Qlik in order to load, blend and prep the data, only to write it to a CSV that PowerBI can read so that management can see that the company is using the tool they have mandated should be used!

Whilst there is a perceived price and ease of adoption (because it feels a bit like Office) benefit from PowerBI we have to ensure that the route to evaluating Sense is as smooth as possible. For those who are happy to put their data in the Cloud this is excellent, I can spin up a demo over live data in my Instant Sense Application in an hour or two and that can be shared around the organisation. For Sense Client Managed time to PoC is not too bad, once servers have been provisioned. For those that need convincing, but don't have spare servers kicking around, Desktop can be a valuable tool in winning hearts and minds. To be fair though, the situations where the first or second options are not feasible are relatively few.

From the things I saw from QlikWorld, and other road map sessions, it is clear that Qlik see their direction of travel being aiming for, and winning, much bigger clients. Traditionally though Qlik has done incredibly well in the SME market and there are a number of businesses, including mine, who deliver great value in that sector using the Qlik platform. I believe it would be a crime for Qlik to loose that part of their market.

That's gone slightly off topic from where can you get the Desktop Unlock Key, but just thought I would share my perspective on things.

Cheers,
Steve

Albert_Candelario

Hello all,

The new file has been provided:

"The unlock file you are about to download expires on August 6, 2023."

Please notice the file will be moved under the May 2023 IR release when available.

Cheers,

Albert

Scotchy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Just wondering where the file has been provided ?