Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balajim1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense Application URL Change Redirection pop up message

Dear Qlik  Users,

Greetings for the day!

We are in the process of changing our Qlik application URL. Hence, we want to create a pop window whenever users try to log in directly Qlik Sense app using the bookmark link or direct Qlik Sense Hub. New messages should pop up and request users to use new URLs through the pop-up message.

Do we have any simple solution to implement this?

Regards,
Balaji

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hi @balajim1 not sure if I understood correctly, your idea is to have two different hostname active at the same time, and when users hit hostname 1 (oldone) show a kind of message where you will propose to follow hostname 2 (newone)?

An idea could be to put something before Qlik Sense Server with hostname 1, with a redirection to a web server where it is hosted a custom web page, where it will inform to follow the new link.

Another thing you can do with Qlik is to set a custom banner message in the hub, but I don't know if this met your requirements.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hi @balajim1 not sure if I understood correctly, your idea is to have two different hostname active at the same time, and when users hit hostname 1 (oldone) show a kind of message where you will propose to follow hostname 2 (newone)?

An idea could be to put something before Qlik Sense Server with hostname 1, with a redirection to a web server where it is hosted a custom web page, where it will inform to follow the new link.

Another thing you can do with Qlik is to set a custom banner message in the hub, but I don't know if this met your requirements.

balajim1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@alex_colombo 

Thank you for your update.

We achieved it through Qlik Sense customer banner by making changes to the existing CSS files.

Regards,
Balaji