Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gimgi69
Contributor
Contributor

Help - Connecting to a JDBC DB with context variables

Hello,

I'm working on TOS 8.0.

Right now, I connect my database with a JDBC connection to a Progress Database.

The general form is like that : jdbc:datadirect:openedge://[serverName[\instanceName]:[portNumber]][;property=value[;property=value]]

The connection is ok.

But I need to automatize this connection because it will change quite often.

I would like to import different JDBC connections from flat file in order to input them in different contexts.

For example, when I will be connected on my server A, I will load the Connection_settings_A.txt with my database connections parameters.

Then, I will be connected on my server B with the same project, I will load the Connection_settings_B.txt with my other JDBC database connections parameters.

The aim is to have a simple job which integrate my flat file with "Connection_settings.txt" then a tContextLoad then my database is connecting on these parameters.

What I did is quite simple :

I started by exporting my current JDBC connection into a context in order to check the architecture.0695b00000fHxUdAAK.pngI add Context.Name in my component and it's working fine, I have access to my DB :

0695b00000fHxXlAAK.png 

Then, I made a flat file with 2 fields key & value and I just copy what I had in my context.

I erase the values in the context field and

I load my file with a tContextLoad.

But it's not working anymore, Talend can't find the jdbc driver but I copy exactly the same as before ! So I don't understand ...

0695b00000fHxb4AAC.png 

I didn't find any documentation concerning the possibility of importing some external contexts for the specific JDBC connection.

if you could help me, I'm stuck on this topic !

Thank you by advance for your help,

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You miss a 'r' in the end of driver class string.

Regards

Shong​

gimgi69
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thankss!